Nex-us. 1. a means of connection.
The Nexus is one of our lowest riding holsters. Because of its low ride height, the rake of the firearm is increased to allow for a full firing grip. If you like a holster that rides low and has a lot of grip forward rake, the Nexus is worth your consideration.
The Nexus was the first to feature our self closing neodymium magnetic belt loop system. The magnetic loop closures have the same holding attributes as the traditional one-way snap but are much easier to align and fasten to the belt. Because there is no need to allow for additional space inside the loop as would be necessary with a one-way snap closure, a closer belt loop to belt fit can be had.
Other features include:
- Cowhide/horsehide construction with the horsehide being on the body side of the holster where it works best to help repel body moisture. See our FAQ on horsehide vs cow.
- A protective back flap to help keep safeties and sharp edges away from the user.
- No exposed metal hardware on the body side of the holster.
- Offset forming of the holster, which depending on the model of gun, puts 70% to 90% of the gun’s molded features on the side facing out. This leaves the back of the holster flatter for greater user comfort.
- Single layer horsehide back with wing mounted loop attachments allow the holster to easily flex and form to different body sizes/shapes.
- Approximate 25° cant on 1911 (compared to the 18° cant of the model VM-2 for 1911).
- Rides as low as possible in the waistband while still allowing for a full firing grip on initial hand contact.
- Available in either all rough-side-out (RSO) natural finish or smooth-side-out (SSO) natural (tan) and black. The main body of the holster is not available in cordovan. Loop colors are black, natural tan or cordovan colors.
The Nexus is available for the various 1911 models, Glocks, Sigs, M&P’s and XD’s.
All prices include shipping and handling unless otherwise noted.
NEX – Rough side out or smooth side out. Only available in natural tan or black. $170
NEX-SH – Shark throat patch and loops RSO or SSO. $205
NEX-EL – Elephant throat patch and loops RSO or SSO. $305
SCL – Extra set self closing loop for Criterion, Nexus and Versa Max 2 holsters. $38
SCLS – Extra set self closing loop in shark for Criterion, Nexus and Versa Max 2 holsters. $63
VMKC – Kydex clip set for model VM-2. $26
Mounting hole spacing for the Nexus is the same as the VM-2 and the Criterion which means the loops and tuckable style Kydex clips will interchange between the three models.